Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chapter 5 - A new beginning

I apologize from now to the distant reader
That will let his eyes gaze upon this lines
Even if at the start may seem as junk, litter
Poetry my soul and heart defines

Maybe for now i am talking in puzzles, riddles
Nothing makes any sense for i have not even begun
To enchant you with my strings and fiddle
But from now the spell is done

From now on you will keep reading, pushing forth
Your limits, your heart, imagination
Just like the guiding light that comes from the north
This purpose will have this creation

Thoughts are rushing through my mind
And everlasting flood of lines
I’ve endured for too long and been so blind
But now they finally surface...the rhymes

One year it has been since my last line was written
And that was with love in both mind and heart
But the result was fear and my soul was beaten,
Being clouded for twelve moons in the shadows, torn apart

But that is done now, a new age begins,
As the phoenix arises from its own ashes
As they play in the endless oceans, the dolphins
I will the magic pen out of the hidden stash

I played by this world’s rules for far too long
And found myself lost in the dark shadows
But now it is time for you to here my song
Carried by the wind, the sun and swallows


All these words, they might make no sense
But for me it is the silver lining
The lifeline in the void, the helping hands
Thus unlocking these heavy shackles, the magic bindings.

Releasing thus this soul to dream,
To create new worlds and to explore
And quiet down the never ending scream
So I can free the ancient lore.

Unthinkable is the power of a single word
It can destroy lives, bring them to ruin or create
Even the most complex universe or world
Stronger even than destiny or the fates.


Such is the power bestowed upon myself
A sanctuary deep within my own foolish mind
That cannot be stolen or learnt from books upon a shelf
But an angelic gift that one cannot ask for, cannot find

But now that I have recovered from this long sleep
I can never stop from writing anymore
But my awareness and imagination I must keep
It I can’t forsake, I can’t ignore

In these twelve month that have gone by
A lot of lessons have been learnt,
From the lustful intentions to being unable to cry
My spirit’s wish to write has deeply burnt

And let the runes carved within my skin
Shine bright and engulf thus the fear
Giving back my angel eyes and my devilish grin
A new beast on this world will now appear

Even if random are the words that I write
I can’t stop and I will not, such is my desire
But with this chance I will ask you, invite
For you to release your own unquenchable fire

And let your mind fly, let it spread your wings
And forget that this place we live in
Is a one way road with a prewritten ending
Our very existence feels the strain

I have been called in so many ways
From being weird, crazy and a freak
Childish and foolish is the mood my heart displays
After all i am nothing but a social misfit

What more can i say, i have no true friends
The ones i have are too far away
And the distance between us cannot make amends
Or help keep me out of harm's way

I have been backstabbed so many times
By those that were closest to my heart
Was foolish, couldn't read between the lines
All was lost, i had again to start.

But now i know better, expect for the worse
Always keep a few aces up my sleeve
In case of betrayal i will show no remorse
Vengeance will be harsh and swift

No comments:

Post a Comment